This weekend in Mobile, Alabama, the 2013 Young Republican National Convention was held and the FFYRs showed up in a BIG way with 18 delegates present — the SECOND LARGEST delegation in the nation!
Several FFYRs were recognized for their leadership in Florida through appointments to YRNF Committees, including:
- Peret Pass: Young Republican National Federation Womens’ Leadership and Mentorship Coalition, (on which RNC Co-Chair, Sharon Day, will also serve!)
- Jennie Hayes: Communications and Public Relations Chair
- Edward Howard: International Youth Committee Co-Chair, Constitution and By-Laws Committee
- Daniel Ruoss: Reappointed as Resolutions Chair
- Steve Avila: Outreach Committee and International Youth Committee
- Eric Jontz: International Youth Committee
- Carmen Myers: Membership Committee
Jacksonville YR, Kate Wallace, who works for Governor Jeb Bush’s Foundation for Excellence in Education, was invited to speak at the Convention during a break-out panel on Common Core! Very cool, Kate!
FFYR was honored with the Outstanding Social Media for a State Federation award based on its effective communication through various forms of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Constant Contact emails!
Thanks to everyone who attended and all FFYRs for your hard-work and dedication to the Republican Party, both at the state and national levels!
As Governor Scott would say, “It’s working!”
The next YRNF meeting will be sometime in November so stay tuned for updates!